For the past few weeks, Willa and I have been trying to incorporate blueberries into at least one meal every day. This breakfast smoothie is a favorite and has real staying power so you are not raiding the fridge an hour later.
It’s also full of protein, vitamins and minerals, healthy fats and oils, and antioxidants. We are both trying to dial back on the sugar so this isn’t a decadent smoothie but I promise you your skin and your body will be giving it raves.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or hemp milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 medium lemon with rind
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, soaked
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon shelled hemp seeds
- 2 raw walnuts, soaked
- 2 raw Brazil nuts, soaked
- 1/4 medium avocado, peeled and pittted
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries (we used raspberries)
Throw all the ingredients in the blender and blend on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
(Recipe from The Blood Sugar Solution by Dr. Mark Hyman)